At Mooresville Animal Hospital in Mooresville, North Carolina, we offer a full range of general medical and surgical services, so you can be sure your pet gets the care they need should they become ill or injured. Although we are here for you in those situations, we also want to help you keep your pet in good health through preventative veterinary services. Here are some examples of veterinary services that you should consider:
- Pet Dental Services– Dental issues can quickly lead to health issues if they are not resolved properly. Regular pet dentistry helps your pet keep their teeth and their health for the duration of their life.
- Grooming Services– It might not seem like pet grooming would fall under the classification of preventative veterinary services, but when you consider that your groomer is paying attention to potential health symptoms, a grooming visit can provide advance notice about a problem. In addition, a good grooming can make your pet happier and mental health is important too!
- Spay/Neuter Your Pet– There are more reasons to spay or neuter your pet than just to avoid pregnancy. You can also avoid health issues later related to reproductive concerns.
- Pet Vaccinations– There are many illnesses that can befall pets that are completely avoidable with the proper schedule of vaccinations.
- Pet Boarding– While not technically a preventative veterinary service, boarding can be better for your pet than some other options. You’ll have peace of mind that they are safe from harm too.
- Pet Check-ups- Just as you likely have a physical once a year, consider doing the same for your pet. This is a good time to discuss any concerns you have and get their vaccinations up to date.